Monday, April 20, 2015

Readings for April 26, May 3, and May 10

Hello Everyone,

Two announcements, one for each church.

1. Grey Eagle UMC – Missional journey workshop, “Radical Hospitality” is this Saturday at Minnetonka UMC, Minnetonka, MN. I could still use 2 or 3 more people to join me, Sue Roe, and Delaine Sawyer. Please let me know if you can go. All costs, except for your time, has been paid for.

2. Peace United – “Church on the Move: Re-traditioning our Church” at Pilgrim Point Camp near Alexandria on Saturday, May 9. “Re-traditioning is to take those fundamental ways we do ministry, pay attention to their core intent and make them work in new contexts and new ways for today’s church.” (from MnUCC website). If you wish to join me, Marilyn Gibson, and Karen Peterson, please let me know. All registration fees will be paid by the church. The only cost to you is your time.

I will be on vacation starting next Monday, therefore today’s email will have the readings for the next three Sundays with limited comments by me.

April 26, 2015 – The Fourth Sunday of Easter; also know as “Good Shepherd Sunday”.
Acts 4:5-12 – Peter and John defend their healing of the crippled beggar before the temple court.

Psalm 23 – The Lord is my shepherd.

1 John 3:16-24 – “Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action”. Life in God’s family is all about love.

John 10:11-18 – “I AM the good shepherd!” says Jesus.

May 3, 2015 – The Fifth Sunday of Easter
Acts 8:26-40 – Phillip discusses Jesus with an Ethiopian eunuch. Baptized him in a pond.

Psalm 22:25-31 – The Lord will save and all peoples of all time will praise him.

1 John 4:7-21 – “God is love” and “if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.” What more can I say?

John 15:1-8 – “I AM the true vine and my Father is the vine grower,” says Jesus.

May 10, 2015 – The Sixth Sunday of Easter
Acts 10:44-48 – The Holy Spirit comes to Cornelius’ family after Peter preaches to them. Read ALL of chapter 10 for the full story.

Psalm 98 – Sing to God; make joyful noises with musical instruments, for God victory is revealed.

1 John 5:1-6 – Those who believe and follow Jesus have the love of God which will conquer the world.

John 15:9-17 – “This is my commandment, that you love one another,” says Jesus.

Peace in Christ,
Pastor Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment